Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Best Essay in an Edited Collection Award
SCMS recognizes that a considerable amount of media studies scholarship is published in anthologies. These awards will recognize respectively and an outstanding single essay published in a collection.
- Essays must appear in a single or multiply-edited volume published between August 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018.
- Previously published essays or essays in special issues of journals are not eligible for this award. Although reprinted essays are excluded from consideration, an essay published for the first time in a subsequent anthology edition is eligible.
- Authors may self-nominate.
- Essays submitted for this award are not eligible for other SCMS awards.
- Entrants must complete the submission form by July 31, 2018, 5:00PM CT.
- The essay should be saved in PDF format and uploaded on the submission form.
- Failure to meet any requirements will result in disqualification.
- The SCMS Home Office will inform the official winner and all entrants.
- The chair of the committee will announce the winner of the award, read the committee citation, and present the winner with a certificate and a check for $500 at the annual conference.