Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Best Essay in an Edited Collection Award
SCMS recognizes that a considerable amount of media studies scholarship is published in anthologies. These awards will recognize respectively and an outstanding single essay published in a collection.
- All nominees must be a full members of the Society for the 2017-2018 membership year.
- Essays must be written in or translated into English, and appear in a single or multiply-edited volume published between August 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017.
- Previously published essays or essays in special issues of journals are not eligible for this award. Although reprinted essays are excluded from consideration, an essay published for the first time in a subsequent anthology edition is eligible.
- Authors may self-nominate; individuals may make only one nomination.
- Essays submitted for this award are not eligible for other SCMS essay awards.
- Entrants must complete the submission form by August 1, 2017, 5:00PM CST.
- The essay should be saved in PDF format and uploaded on the submission form.
- Failure to meet any requirements will result in disqualification.
- The SCMS Home Office will verify membership before distributing copies to the committee members.
- The SCMS Home Office will inform the official winner and all entrants.
- The chair of the committee will announce the winner of the award, read the committee citation, and present the winner with a certificate and a check for $500 at the annual conference.